When it comes down to it, everything about Christianity revolves around the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Every word of the bible and every promise of God and every prophesy of the things to come are confirmed or denied depending on our risen Savior.
This is not just another holiday. It is not something that is set aside for one day of the year. The resurrection of Christ is what Christians live for every single day. It is not just an addition to our lives, it is our lives.
In 1 Corinthians 15:13-19, we see that if there is no resurrection of the dead, then:
- Not even Christ has been raised
- Our preaching is in vain
- Our faith is in vain
- We are found to be misrepresenting God
- Our faith is futile
- We are still in our sins
- We are of all people most to be pitied.
Without the resurrection of Jesus Christ, there is no hope. No savior, no forgiveness, no faith. If he did not rise, then we might as well eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.
But the truth is that He has indeed risen! Man could not keep him down. Death could not hold him down. The truth is that our faith is not in vain. And there is so much more. Because He has risen:
- Those who believe have victory over death through Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- Those who believe are declared in right standing before God through Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1)
- Those who believe, though still sinners, are counted righteous in Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Those who believe are forgiven of all sin, past, present, and future, because of Jesus Christ. (Colossians 2:13-14)
- Those who believe are a new creation in Jesus Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Those who believe will one day be raised imperishable with Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:52)
This is the true gospel, that Christ is risen, and that in Him you can have eternal life. And this gift is given to those who realize they are sinners (Romans 3:23), repent and believe (Mark 1:15), and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and has risen (Romans 10:9).
It is my prayer that you will believe in the life, death, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus and be saved.